Reagen this year wanted a Tinkerbell cake. So I thought to myself, how in the world am I going to make a Tinkerbell cake? I looked for a picture of her that I thought that I could manage, and this was the result. Not to shabby, and I think that the Birthday girl was happy with the results.

We told Reagen that when she turned 5, (I can't believe that she is 5 already!) that she could have a birthday party. When you tell your kids this news, you don't really think about all the work that goes into it, until the day of, at least I don't, and then it's chaos time. Reagen also told Jerid the day of her party, that she wished that everyone could hide from her and yell "SUPRIZE!" We both told her that you can't have a suprize party when you already know about it, so we had to be creative in our thinking. We decided to go with, "Reagen, we are sorry, but we are going to have to have your party tomorrow. No one is going to be able to make it today." This was our first mistake, she cried and cried. She told us " I don't care if everyone can come today, I still want my party!" We finally convinced her to just be happy and have it the next day. Jerid had to bribe her of course, so while they were gone, we told all of the guest that we had a change in plans. We were going to have a suprize birthday party for Reagen. I think that all of the kids were a little confused by this information, but they got over it quick. When Jerid and Reagen returned (they went to get some Cold Stone ice cream. LUCKY! I wish that Jerid had to bribe me with ice cream.) we had all of the guest hiding down stairs. Jerid asked Reagen if she wanted to go down stairs and play Playstation. She happily sad "yes" and hurried down the stairs, while doing so, she heard Cambree tell the kids to "SHHHH!". Reagen then knew what was going on, and tried to act suprized by all of the kids coming out from behind the couch. (Kids at this age are not very good at suprize parties. Only one came out to say SUPRIZE! All the rest, I guess thought that we were playing "hide and seek".) All in all I think that the party was a success! 
We had a pinata, and I know that you are all thinking, "She couldn't have possibly made it look like that on purpose!" Well, Fairy wings are quite hard to make into a pinata. So you get what you get. It was going to be smashed soon anyways, so what if it is a little cricked? Again, happy to have children who are easily amused at my craftiness.






4 things people say:
Looks like a fun party. Your cake looks great, way to go!
So fun, I can't believe she's 5. Some how I've neglected to think about how old they are turning this year. YIKES, seriously!!!! You're cake turned out awesome, love the Poise!!! Miss you guys, let's do something over christmas break?!?!?!
Wow you got grandma's talent of cake making. Your tinkerbell looks great! I have yet to venture in that part of craftiness :) I can't believe Reagan and Camrey are now 5 time flies. Well Happy Birthday to Reagan and good job on planning a party. I am pretty sure we will start that next year.
WOW the cake turned out great!!!
So domestic!
You look great. Still running?
Post a Comment