So, I must give "props" to myself on my great babysitting skills. Yesterday, a friend in the ward asked me to watch her two little girls while they were doing a Expo show in Salt Lake. I said yes of course, because I thought that the girls would have fun playing with my girls. Everything was going well, their youngest daughter was here the longest and she was doing great. She even took a nap at my house. So I thought that it was great. My friend called around 3:30 to check on the girls and I told her that everything was going good. Cambree and Caitlyn had just gotten home from school and were just playing in the toy room. My friend kept telling me "Oh I owe you so big for taking my girls for me." And I said, "Oh don't worry about it they are easy and good little girls." Then we got of the phone. Then my mom called me, who I haven't talked to for quiet awhile. The girls kept on playing and things were fine. After awhile of playing the first accident happened. Cambree and the youngest girl, Lauren, ran into each other. I was still on the phone and my mom said, "I should probably let you go." And I said, "Oh don't worry about it, they are fine. I haven't talked to you for such a long time. They are OK." So I kept talking. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't just talk on the phone for just a little bit. I talk for hours. Anyways, the girls were being loud so I told them to go outside and play. I continued to talk on the phone about this whole blogger thing with my mom, trying to help her with her blog. It was now about 4:45. The kids had just gone outside when I heard Caitlyn crying. The second accident. I then told my mom, "I'd better go now." Because this was like the third or fourth time that the children had interrupted my conversation. So I went to the door (this is where it gets good.) and Caitlyn was holding her arm. She said to me " I think I broke my arm." I said "Let me see. I don't think that it is broke, I think that you just scraped your elbow. What happened?" She told me that she was chasing Cambree outside on the cement and fell on her arm. I looked at it, and it kind of looked bent. I have never seen a broken bone before, so I thought no way could this be happening to me, a child in my care, who is not even mine, could brake their arm just by falling on the cement! I felt her arm and it felt all squishy and limp. Gross! It did not feel like the other arm! Oh no, what do I do? I called my loving husband at work and told the girl at his work that it was kind of important, still in disbelief that it might actually be broken. So Jerid came home and looked at her arm. (I did remain calm for the child, I didn't want her to freak out and go into shock, Cambree even played some piano songs to help comfort her. I put some ice on her arm and tried to comfort her with suckers and ice water!) Jerid saw it and was like, yep, it's broke. Call her mom. But Jerid took charge and called Amy to let her know what was going on. Then he called a guy in our ward who is a paramedic to find out what to do. Jerid wrapped her arm with a pillow and took her to Primary Childrens in Salt Lake. (That was where her mom wanted her to be taken.)Caitlyn was such a trooper! She hardly cried at all! So, if anyone ever needs a great babysitter, then I'm the one you want! Man, I felt like crap.
Watch online films
11 years ago




1 things people say:
I can NOT believe that!!!! What the heck, how does that even happen to ANYONE!!! I would have totally freaked out. You are so amazing staying calm for her. And anybody that knows you knows you are a GREAT babysitter.
Post a Comment