So, I know that it has been a really long time since I have posted anything at all. I know this because many of you have reminded me. I don't know why it has been so long, I really haven't been that busy, but mostly just on Facebook. Ha ha ha... Anyways, for Thanksgiving this year on "Black Friday", we have had the opportunity to actually spend it as a family! This is quite exciting because my husband is normally working on this crazy, crazy day! We went out on Friday to the West Desert with Jerid's brother, and some others to spend a day of fun filled activities and no accidents. I wish that I could actually say that there were no accidents, but my wonderful, loving, husband was there, so there would have to be some kind of accident, and of course my husband would be involved some how. But, I however do not have any pictures of the event, had Jerid actually had his phone with him at the time, there would indeed be pictures for your viewing pleasure. Ok, so by now everyone is wondering "what has that crazy husband done?" Well my friends, of course it would have to involve a four wheeler, a sweet girl, and a wonderful husband. Who in fact was not wearing a helmet. (We are Johnson's, we do not have need for head protection at any time)
Jerid had taken my oldest on the four wheeler, they were only going to be gone for just a bit. It was going to be a "short" ride. So they got on the four wheelers (with out helmets, I remind you) and headed off. Well, a little while later, my brother in law Damon came riding back with his son on the back and my daughter in his arms. "Jerid rolled the four wheeler!" I look at Cambree, and she was doing ok, just shocked I think of everything that happend. She had quite the bump on her head. I actually don't think that a helmet would have helped. None of the helmets actually fit any of the kiddos. It might have actually done more damage. (What ever makes us feel good, right?) Well, I was trying not to panic, this is not uncommon for my husband to get hurt. But I was a little worried when he didn't come back with my brother in law. Finally Jerid came riding back. He had a cut on his head, and he thought that he might have broken his shoulder. He couldn't even move his arm. All I can say is I am truely grateful for the power of the priesthood. Jerid and his brothers gave Cambree a blessing, and then gave Jerid one too. We have been very blessed that no one was majorly hurt. Jerid definetly has an angel watching over him at all times! And is very busy!!
Here is what happened. They were going up a hill, (not a big one, but if you ask Cambree it was GIANT!) And the four wheeler they were on wasn't an automatic. It started to die, so Jerid tried to switch gears, while doing so, the bike completly died and started to roll backwards. Jerid turned the handles so that it wouldn't roll from front to back, and they just kept on sliding. Then finally it rolled once. (If you ask Cambree, it rolled like three or four times.) Thank goodness Cambree was riding in front of Jerid so that he could protect her as much as possible! They both have some bumps and brusies, and we took Cambree to the hospital last night just to make sure she was ok. Jerid on the other hand is pretty banged up. His back has lots of road rash and a lot of bruising. All in all, it was a very exciting and fun trip. I told Jerid that it was almost 2 months to the day from when he "rolled" the van. Jerid just said that he was NOT going to be doing something like this every other month. I have to agree with him on that one.
These pictures are before the "fun" really began!!








8 things people say:
I don't think Jerid should drive anything ever again!!! I am so glad that they both are okay! Love you guys :)
You definitely have many things to be grateful for. It sounds like Jerid is always an accident waiting to happen, it might be in the name, I have a brother named Jared & he is the same way.
I have to agree with Becca. I would revoke driving privileges. To many close calls if you ask me.
Glad everyone is OK.
Nice to see you're back, missed ya!!! SOunds fun and always an adventure is Jerid is involved. Happy first thanksgiving together... LOVE IT!!!
Thats exactly what I was thinking Bec. Jerid must be the accident prone one.
Well I hate to say it but your not alone, unfortunatley my craziness involves Hudson as well. If Heath isn't bleeding then Hudson is! On Thanksgiving Heath split his eyebrow open and wouldn't get stitches. So I played plastic surgeon. Don't we just love them!
Oh Staci.. You definitely have your hands full with that Jerid... LOL atleast you are always entertained... :)
All I can say is WOW.
Post a Comment