Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A day in the life of Jerid...

Have you ever had one of those conversations with your spouse, and wondered where the conversation was going? Well, today I had that experience! Jerid called and this is how it started out....
Jer: Babe, I need you to stay calm, and not freak out.
Me: Uhh... (thinking to myself, ok obviously, it is something quite serious, that I should really be freaking out about) ok. What happened?
Jer: Well, I rolled the van down the canyon. I am alright, but the van has seen better days.
Me: OH MY GOSH!!!! Are you ok?!! What happend?
Jer: Well, I was only going about 20 mph, when a tree caught the front passenger tire, and I lost control, and it flipped the van on to it's side.
Well, that is pretty much how the conversation went, with a few tears, and a reasurrance that Jerid was ok, he told me that his brother in law Damon, was bringing him home. And this my friends, is why I drive everywhere!! Ha ha ha...I am totally kidding, but thank goodness Jerid had no major injuries. Just a gapping gash above his eye. He looks like he has been in an UFC fight, (which I don't think bothers him at all). Jerid could have used some stitches, but of course, no doctor for him, he just used good ol' super glue! That stuff is quite amazing!Ok, so just a recap for everyone, if anyone is keeping track of how many vehicles Jerid has rolled, this is now number 2! The first, if anyone even knew about it, was the famous rollover of a four wheeler! That is another story in and of itself. But I am proud to be the owner of a four-wheeler that I never get to ride! Isn't life just grand!!!

13 things people say:

Marc and Shay said...

That's nuts!!! Glad Jarid's okay, that's pretty cool to have that picture though, no questioning that story. I think that only Jerid would think to get a picture like that :)!

WheelersFamily said...

WOW! That is scary. I am really surprised he wasn't hurt. Glad he is safe!!

Anonymous said...

Wow... that stinks. Glad he's doing okay. I think most men would be proud of a gash over their eye to say how tough they were through the entire ordeal. Sorry about the van... and the 4-wheeler.

Destini said...

That is totally scary! Glad to hear your ok Jerid. Well do yo at least ge a new van?? Hope your insurance is good. What canyon was he in so I can remeber to watch for the trees. Ha ha! I guess it is good that you can laugh about it, and that he was alone.

The Bruces said...

I am glad he is ok... Nate sent me a pic yesturday of this and I felt so bad:(

Des said...

Well dont feel too bad Heath has rolled his four wheeler twice. Or he has only told me about it twice :) I am glad to see he is okay, but your poor van! I love it when the call starts out "Don't freak out" cause you immediatly FREAK OUT!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh! I am so glad that he is ok. So sorry about the van. That really sucks. I love the picture, it made me laugh. Jar looks so tough, like he fought the van and won!

Becky and Bryce said...

Bryce told me about that!!! What the heck!!! JERID!!!! I'm so glad he's okay! I'm so proud of you for staying calm (not necessarily a trait of your !!! ;) You totally need to call me!!!

Amy said...

I agree it is never good for a husband to say "don't freak out" or "I need you to stay calm" You know as well as he does that you are going to freak out. I'm glad Jerid is ok. I'm also glad you and the kids weren't with him. Hope you get a new van soon or your van is fixable. :)

Becca Jo said...

Only Jerid could have a tree jump out and grab his van and flip it over!! Glad he didn't get too hurt!

Nicole said...

Jerid, please lend me your guardian angel, I want to try jumping out of an airplane holding a shopping bag. I think it would be a fun experiment.

Post more picture for us. Enjoy your new car.

-Ben

Shannon said...

Such a blessing when people walk away from car wrecks! Glad Jerid is alright, but with just a battle wound to prove it.

Anonymous said...

Really glad he's okay.