So, I am totally pleased with myself! I just finished my first 5k! It was so much fun, and I will totally be doing one again! I ran in the Tooele Freedom run. The race was right before the parade, so I was totally nervous running in front of hundreds of people. (Believe it or not there is quite a few people who live out here in the boonies with me!) I was praying "please don't let me trip and fall, please don't let me trip and fall!!" Thank goodness, I finished without any scrapes or bruises. And here is the best news of all....my time which I too, am very pleased with myself. (Jerid was quite surprised when he heard my time as well.) I took 2nd place for my age group, with a time of 22:11!! (And yes, there were more than just two women in my age group!) Surprise! My friend and pacer Annalee took 1st for our age group. She is an amazing runner. Her time was 21:52. I know that I couldn't and wouldn't run at that pace without her! (It's the competitive side of me shinning through!) I am so glad that I have her for a running buddy! Thanks Annalee!
The kids anxiously waiting for me to run by. They are my biggest fans!
That "hottie" in the green would be me.
Watch online films
11 years ago





13 things people say:
HOLY SMOKES... did you say 22:11? That is sooo fast. Are you planning on running the Logan half that quick??? Congrats, "B"!!!!!
Our little speed demon or Mama!!!
Hi Stacie! It's Bobbi Flinders (Comeau). I found your blog through Amber. I just did a 5K and you're making me look real bad! Congrats on the time! It's much harder than it seems. I'm at www.flindersfam.blogspot.com. See ya!
Stacie that is so awesome! Congratulations and way to go!!! :)
Good for you! Burt and I used to run 5ks once a month. It's so fun. I need to start up again.
Yahhhhh I've been dying to know how the ran went. Way to go. Doens't it feel good to have a goal accomplished. You are awesome. Totally look up to you Sista!!!!
Congrats Skinny minnie!! You are freaking tiny. You look so good. That's awesome time for a 5k. Thanks for the comment. I am adding you to my list also. It's so fun to be able to keep in touch with those who live in BFE. ha ha
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't read what you have written ... who knows what the porblem is... but I am guessing you ran a 5K and from the comments it looks like it was pretty fast! That is so exciting... I ran the Race for the Cure in May and it was very exhillarting! (keeping in mind that I was much slower than you...so yours must have felt fabulous!)
I'm glad you found us! It looks like you ran a race?? The text on your posts isn't showing up right now. I'll have to check again later! Keep in touch and we'll see you guys again around Christmas!
Great job cousin!!! You did awesome! I am so glad that you accomplished this.. I look forward to hearing of your many other accomplishments. You look great!
Way to go!! So cool, maybe I will have to move out there to BFE so that I can learn to do those things too! Ha ha not a chance!! J/K!
Way to go stac! I am way proud of you! I cant wait to start running again. Seeing you and Sara and Brooke makes me really jealous. You will have to give me some pointers in a few months!
You suck! Everyone else gives congrats not me :) You make me so jealous I would love to do that if only I had the time. I guess its making the time right!
Post a Comment