Friday, June 27, 2008

We knew it would happen someday....

Jerid actually found this snake at his work, inside of it. Pretty crazy. Anyways, you should never tell your children that something that really could bite them, won't. We soon found this out. This is how Jerids and the girls conversation about the snake went:
Jerid: This snake will not hurt you. It is a very nice snake.
Girls: Will it bite?
Jerid: OH NO! This snake will not bite. Its a very nice snake. See, it's not hurting me.
Girls: Oh.
Jerid: Just hold it, see its very nice.
Reagen: I'll hold it, just hold the head.
So, Jerid started to place the snake gently on Reagen's hand. Whew, no biting,just a wiggly little snake on her hand. She was quite thrilled with herself. Later that day, Jerid had put the snake back into the bucket while we ate lunch. Cambree and Reagen were seeing how "brave" they were. Reagen had decided that since she had "held" the snake before, she could easily grab it out of the bucket. WRONG! That's when it happened. Cambree freaked out and kicked the bucket over and Reagen started to cry. We all wondered what had happened. Cambree said "It does too bite!" Poor Reagen had been the victim. I guess that she had tried to pick it up not too gently. Because that is why she got bit. I knew that this day would come with all the reptiles and snakes that we have come through our house someone, someday, would be bitten.

Reagens poor little bite mark. you can hardly (if at all) see it. Just little circles on her hand from the bite.

Here is the culprit, a little gopher snake.

3 things people say:

WheelersFamily said...

Was wondering when you were going to update... Love the snake. Definitely have to show Gracie this tomorrow. You're so funny. I can hear you talking when I read your blog.
I laugh a lot. Can't wait for the reunion. Now that is going to be funny with you and Becca being so nervous. Can't wait to sit back, watch and laugh.

Becca Jo said...

Glad to know we can entertain you Sara!!! I hope this doesn't make the girls too scared.

Becky and Bryce said...

Sooooo... How does Reagan like snakes now? It was so good to see ya the other day. I wish we didn't live so far so we could get together more often. Love you guys!!!